Located in downtown Washougal along Main Street, this 1920’s single-story un-reinforced masonry building was once a pawn shop that was converted into a brewery and brew pub. The original masonry building had gone through three phases of subsequent building additions that extended the footprint southward. The goal was to open these additions creating the illusion of one continuous and open space from front to back. To achieve this, the wood-framed interior mezzanine level was removed along with two load bearing walls, and the southern-most building addition was demolished and replaced with a new 1,790 sf utility structure with a loading dock.
Other additions included a new kitchen, bar, restrooms, and overall structural improvements to the shell of the building. Original hardwood floors were reinforced to support the installation of one 15 bbl Two Vessel Brewhouse, five 30 bbl Fermenters, two 30 bbl Brite Tanks, along with a full wall of walk-in refrigeration.
|total square fT||5,000|
|Typology||Brewery + Brew Pub|
|Client||Lone Wolf Development|
|Works Progress Architecture||Carrie Strickland|
|DCI Engineers||Structural Engineer|