Project Architect -or- Project Manager
Works Progress Architecture has emerged as one of the few truly progressive architectural design studios with offices in Portland, OR, and Los Angeles, CA. Founded in early 2005 by principal Carrie Strickland in Portland, W.PA has established a design approach rooted in clear conceptual diagrams applied across a wide spectrum of project scales. W.PA strives to bring thoughtful engagement to each project and maintains a staff that contributes in this way. The studio is fast-paced and collaborative, with tight timelines and tight budgets, and we hold a high standard for design quality.
W.PA is seeking candidates for the positions of Project Architect and Project Manager, in LA and Portland, with 4-8 years of professional and design-related industry experience. This is an open, active, and ongoing recruitment.
Candidates should possess the following:
• Project Architect: Proficient at running projects from conception to completion. Required experience in the area of construction phase services, RFI's and Submittal responses, issuing ASI's, and reviewing pay-applications.
• Project Manager: Experience with entitlements and jurisdictional approvals is preferred.
• Project Manager: Experience with leadership and interest in mentorship of staff and team members.
• Have the ability to interpret and convey design studies and concepts.
• Have experience and an understanding of exterior detailing and building envelope detailing.
• Be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino, Lumion, Maxwell, and V-ray.
• The ability to quickly and efficiently create presentation-level renderings is highly desired.
• Required experience working with construction documents/strong understanding of construction practices, interior, and exterior detailing, and working productively with a team and/or individually
• Essential experience with multifamily, adaptive reuse, TI’s, and ground-up commercial office. Experience with senior housing is preferred.
• Possess a personal interest and understanding of the design process / have a belief that the entire project timeline, from conception to delivery, is the design process.
• Be a self-motivated individual that has the ability to prioritize and be detail-oriented.
• Be able to multi-task, establish priorities and communicate clearly, and work independently.
• Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, be resourceful, and able to work under deadlines.
• Get along well with others, have a good sense of humor, and have the maturity to receive constructive criticism during the creative process.
• Candidates should possess permanent US residency or US citizenship, or demonstrate that they are on the path to permanent US residency or US citizenship.
Please send resume, portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com
|QUALIFICATIONS||Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree|