Convention Plaza is an existing five-story, 96,000 sf building that was constructed in 1925 as a warehouse and later converted to a commercial office building. The adaptive reuse strategy for the building starts with rehabilitating the exterior, interior core, and structural elements to reflect their original Industrial Deco character, providing a mixed-use development of retailers and incubator office space. A new terraced landscape adjoining the building creates an active connection across the site and addresses the City of Portland’s goals of improving pedestrian and bike access throughout the neighborhood. This area also provides space for storm water management facilities.
|total square ft||96,000 sf|